Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Bias is in Full Effect

ESPN.com has ranked their top 100->moments in sports for the 10 years they've existed. Where do you think the 2003 ALCS Game 7 ranks? And were do you think the 2004 ALCS Game 4 ranks? I'm sorry, a series-ending game on an extra-inning home run, where the winning team was down by 4 runs and came back late in the game to win is three spots behind a game where a team came back...with three games left to play? To me (and this is coming from my Yankeefied point of view, I know) the sudden deathness of Game 7, 2003 was FAR more important of a game than one that, while turning the series around, only changed momentum.

In fact, if momentum were more important, what about the Jim Leyritz homer in the 1996 World Series? It's ranked No. 80. Are we surprised?

It's just...I mean...Shut up, ESPN.com
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home