Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Hold on Tight! I'm Gonna Throw Page 2 a Compliment!

Awesome column from Page 2 today, discussing what is and isn't a true Yankee. It's weird because the guy seems to be getting on Yankee fans for being so damn fickle and only loving a winner -- and in this case, I absolutely agree with it. Shocker, I know. Because the past two weeks have made me look REALLY deeply at people who call themselves Yankee fans, and I'm beginning to hope that a slump makes some of these jackholes jump ship.

I asked some die-hard Yankees fans for their definition of a "true Yankee." One said, "Not anyone who is playing on the field currently."

Are you kidding me, supposed diehard fan? You don't consider Jeter, Bernie, Posada, Mo and Tino true Yankees? Matsui doesn't give his all out there and isn't worthy of Pinstripes? Are you shitting me?

But I think that's the point of this column. Check out the Are They True Yankees chart and you'll see what I mean. I love that Schoenfield gets all sarcastic here. I really mean that. It's as if he's saying "You have GOT to be kidding me, people."

Loved this in the Not a True Yankee category:
Alex Rodriguez: Doing anything to win might mean moving to a new position, but not slapping the ball away from Bronson Arroyo.

Seriously. Just...seriously.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home