Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Not Much To Say Today

Randy Johnson really didn't pitch all that badly last night. Just a few mistakes and it cost him. When was the last time, if ever, RJ has been plagued by the long ball? He is a notorious slow starter, so I don't worry too much about it. It's just weird to see.

I personally hate to lose to any team, but especially to Hideo Nomo. I've never thought he was all that great. How annoying.

Giambi got another home run. Maybe he's going to stay on his mini-roll. We'd really be hurting without Jeter, Shef and Matsui. Those guys are the only real consistancy in the lineup to this point. I guess Womack is getting on base a lot.

What's up with the Mets? 7 homeruns against a pitcher that usually owns them? I believe it's Willie's presence. (Because I want to believe it, that's why.) I'm not a Mets fan, but I've always been a Willie Randolf fan, so I can't be sad about it.

I was speaking to a friend recently and he reminded me about a conversation 2 years ago in which I was hoping the Yankees would go ahead and acquire Brian Roberts. We needed a full time 2nd baseman and the O's were trying to decide between Roberts and Hairston. I was really disappointed that no deal ever came through even though there were rumors. Now look. The guy is coming into his own. Maybe they are off to the good start because of Lee Mazzilli's presence?

Yep, everything is Yankees here. No apologies for it either. :)

Tonight we get the Jays. Look at the picture on Yankees.com of ex-Yankee pitcher Ted Lilly. It's not really flattering. He looks stoned. Let's hope he gets rocked tonight.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home