Saturday, April 23, 2005

Slow Start Indeed

Anyone else tired of this prolonged 'slow start'? I sure am. The Yankees just don't look like Yankees right now. I thought they would at least win one for our Captain today (Karen, not Jeter). You'd think they would have a better showing for her birthday.

Jaret Wright is on the DL. Same old thing, bad shoulder. Kevin Brown seems lost. ARod can't hit unless it doesn't matter. If there are RISP and he's up, well, you know the deal. The strangest thing to see is Randy Johnson giving up runs. A lot of them via home runs. This April is one to remember. Not for good reasons. I hope the boys get going soon. If not, they will be 20 games out by the break.

Hey, maybe we could have another season like 1978. Out by 14 1/2 games and coming back to force a 1 game playoff. That would be cool! Kind of nerve-wracking, but cool.

I'm just babbling here. No one to commiserate with at the moment and I need to let off some steam. I know that the Yanks will get it going. It's just hard to take before they finally get rolling. Let's hope they start tomorrow.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home