Friday, May 20, 2005

OK, So Now I Can Post

Being the honest to goodness Baseball guy that I am, I had this superstition about posting on this blog once the Yankees went on their winning streak. I don't really know how it happened but once it did, I couldn't/wouldn't post. "A player on a streak has to respect the streak." Crash Davis.

In case you missed it (which I doubt) the won 10 in a row. Sweet! Thai after all the blow hards and bandwagoners had left them for dead. Ha!

This became a familiar sight during the streak.



In six games last week, Tino Martinez batted .391 (9-for-23), leading the league with six home runs, 15 RBIs and 10 runs scored. Can you say player of the week?

Even Jason came alive again.



I'm glad. He's been through a lot. Plus, if he gets rolling, he could be good trade bait for some pitching. ;)

Then there's Bernie. Love the guy. It was great to see him get the Grand Slam. This pic is fitting, I think.



All in all, quite the refreshing change after a stinky April. I always knew the Yanks would get rolling. It was just a matter of time. Soon we'll be back on top, where we belong. Then all will be right with the world again.

Stinky old interleague play starts this weekend. It's so irritating to have to play worthless games against teams in another league. It also cheapens the World Series in my eyes. I guess it's the money thing that drives it because the players generally don't like it much either, from what I've read. Some day maybe it will just go away.

I'm looking forward to a new streak starting. Hopefully posting here won't have to be interrupted again, but if so, I'll have no choice. I'm a team guy and a Yankee after all.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home