Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I Still Have To Watch

Let's see, 9th inning, winning the game, your best reliever on the mound, one more guy to get and the series is over. Seems pretty good on paper. Until the hitter decides he doesn't want to go home yet. (Hmm, this feels familiar somehow; Remember 2001?) Anyway, kudos to the Cards and Pujols for pulling that one out of their butts last night. I thought for sure they were done. Lidge usually doesn't allow heroics like that.

I'm bummed for Andy though. No matter what, I still see him as a Yankee and I hate to see his team lose. I want them to get to the Series for 2 reasons really. 1 - Andy Pettitte and 2 - Craig Biggio. One deterrant for me is that bum Clemens is on this team too, but what the hey.

And how did I miss this story? Yanks get permission to talk to Mazzone I don't think I would mind that move a bit. Except for the rocking back and forth all the time, Mazzone is a tried and true Pitching Coach that we sorely need. I wonder how serious they are?

I think whoever wins this series is in deep doodoo against the White Sox anyway. They will be well rested and their pitching kicks ass. BTW, how come Contrearas (sp?) didn't pitch like that in New York? Look at the loser we got for him. Not the best move the Yanks have made in a while, eh?

I thought I would be totally bummed against Baseball after the Yanks lost, but I'm only partially bummed. This series is entertaining. Still, I can't wait until next year. Hey KB, are you keeping the countdown until Spring Training again?
|

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

The countdown will commence in January. The Chicken and I are figuring out a way awesome way to go about counting it down this season...

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home