Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Game Time 1:05

Today we get to see Carl Pavano's Yankee debut. Game time 1:05, EST. I'm looking forward to this one. He had a decent pre-season and if he continues what he started last year, the Yankees will be on a roll.

I was watching the Cubs kicking the crap out of the Diamondbacks last night and was impressed with Rick Suttcliff and Tony Gwynn's take on the steriod policy. They both agreed that the penalties are bogus. Too weak. Rich went so far as to say that the first offense should be a 3 month suspension without pay. Tony agreed. Their point was that a pitcher can get 8 - 10 games for a beanball, which sometimes can be accidental. Taking steroids is not an accident and the person is taking their career in hand by cheating that way. I agree.

I saw that 28 (I believe it was 28) minor leaguers were busted for steriods recently. How can the League think their ploicy is tough enough? This will be an interesting topic this season, for sure.

I knew that ESPN would have to show that damn hit from the 2001 World Series, Game 7 as soon as Gonzalez came to bat. I still couldn't watch it. No matter how bad the end of last season feels, I still feel worse about that Game 7 loss. It bugs me much more for some reason. I still can't stand the Diamondbacks because of that one. Personally, I think they had a great record last year. (51 - 111) Let's hope they do at least that well this year. Can you tell I can hold a grudge?

Anyway, keep an eye on the scoreboard today. I forgot to set up my recorder, so I'll miss the actual game. For tomorrow's game, it's starting to look a lot more like an unexpected illness is coming on *cough cough* so I don't have to miss it too. You know, take one for the team. :)
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home