Monday, April 04, 2005

Not Sure This Will Happen Again, But...

Just loved this line from Buster Olney's take on last night's game:

There were no formal handshakes between the Yankees and Red Sox before the season opener. Thankfully.

Snerk.

And if I'm not mistaken, there seems to be a tone of slight affection for the Yanks in this article. Rare for ESPN, and rarer for Olney who's seemed to grow so disenchanted with them over the years.

I know one thing -- last night was one of the first games in a long time where I didn't feel even slightly stressed. Maybe because it was Opening Day, but I think it was because we've suffered the worst and we survived. It's like we can just enjoy the game again without having to worry about what might happen if the Sux should beat us. I never really had this problem until 2003, so it was nice to return to "innocence" in a way.

Just worrying about the Yanks and no one else? What a feeling!
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home